Join our community of Contributors and Columnists.
Yes, you. We’re always looking for new contributors. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and move their sustainability knowledge forward, we want to hear about it.
We’ll be honest, though: writing for Sustainability Insider takes work. We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions.
It’s also rewarding. Thousands of your peers (and potential employers, clients, or publishers) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
Ready to submit your idea?
We require the following items to accompany your article:
- The Article should be related to sustainability, sustainable development, business sustainability, green and healthy lifestyle, ESG, mental health, environmental issues, and the like.
- A minimum of 600 words in length.
- Content can be in English or Arabic, however we would prefer it to be bi-lingual.
- The article should be written in second or third person and can be fact-based, or opinion-based.
- The text should not be commercial and cannot include links unless they are relevant.
- At least two high-quality, high-res images with corresponding captions and proper credit to illustrate the article. (Maximum image size is 100MB and must be JPEG format).
- A current head shot and brief biography of the author.
- The author’s LinkedIn profile.
- Do not use footnote/endnotes. Use in-text citations if necessary.
- Please do not send PDF article files.
- Self-promotional / advertorial pieces will be declined (this includes links).
How to submit (and what happens next)
Email Us your submission and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. You may also send us a plaintext file, a Markdown file, or a link to an HTML document.
If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- Each contributor will get a bio profile and potentially be featured across selected digital channels, with options to write for us on a regular basis or for the content to be published in the printed magazine.
- Our readers love research and data-based information. As a potential contributor, we encourage you to use it knowing that you’ll assume the role of verifying all facts in your piece before submitting it.
- Don’t be afraid to tackle sophisticated issues and topics. Write your piece as if you are communicating with a savvy colleague.
- If you are looking to promote your brand, please contact us for paid opportunities.
All articles are reviewed and might be edited by our team before being published. Articles are published permanently but small updates may be done to them.